Drug Addiction Treatment Centres
Canada Rehab Services
We assist people seeking help for themselves or a loved one with drug or alcohol addiction find affordable treatment centres in Canada. Most people want sobriety and look for drug and alcohol treatment centres to get help. Finding a drug rehab in the public sector that has immediate admission is close to impossible. It is specifically true in urban areas whether one searches for detox, an outpatient program, or a residential treatment program. But with perseverance and determination, a person can recover from a dependency. Families should look into private treatment services as an alternative.
Our service is confidential and friendly. Call our number: 1 888-488-8434, and talk to our referral counsellor.
You’re Not Alone – Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Canada
The UNODC estimates that approximately 21% of Canada’s population (6 million people) will meet the criteria for addiction in their lifetime. Alcohol addiction is the most common in our country at 18%. Also, according to the UNODC report, Canadians are the highest users of cannabis in the world at 40%. As you can see, you are not alone in facing this challenging condition.
Rehabs in Canada & Funding
Canada has a great array of drug rehab centres. The government of each province has the responsibility for the funding of community treatment centres. In addition, Canada’s Substance Use and Addictions Program (SUAP) provides contribution funding for time-limited projects that address Canada’s drug and substance use issues. Unfortunately, widespread substance misuse and addiction in our society make addiction treatment services difficult. It isn’t uncommon to face a 9 to 12 week wait time for admission to occur, specifically in big urban areas.
Addiction Referral and Consultation Services in Canada
Having worked in the rehabilitation field for several decades, we saw how difficult it is for families to find help immediately. Fortunately, the private sector has many high-quality treatment centres in Canada. Moreover, most are affordable for the average income family. With no waitlist or very little wait time, it is an option that many Canadian families have or should consider.
Treatment Programs in Canada
In the many treatment centers in Canada, we can find different treatment methods and environments. Each with its unique qualities and benefits. Centres either cater to a limited number of people (3 to 10 persons) as in a family setting of close-knit groups or community settings of 20 or more individuals. Some treatment centers are co-ed, some gender-specific, and others welcome the LGBT community.
Types of Drug Addiction Treatment Services
While most of us, when thinking of addiction recovery, we think of residential treatments. After all, that is what we see on television shows or movies. But there are many more services available to the population. First, of course, you have the long-term and the short-term drug rehab, which is residential. But let’s get into the less known ones.
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment is when a person still works and sleeps at home. But the individual has to go to the centre every evening or so, depending on the program.
- We often hear the word medical detox. That is another service offered. This one will help the addicted person come off certain substances that would be otherwise hard to do. It typically lasts from 3 days to a week or two. Most medical detox occurs in a medical setting away from home.
- Online Counselling is getting more popular, mainly since Covid-19. Growing in popularity, however, not suited to all that have a substance abuse problem. We offer a service that is called Online Addiction Recovery Coaching; click to find out more.
There are many more rehab types available in our country. One of these could be just the right fit.
Treatment Methods in Canada
- In Canada, as in most other countries, the most common program is based on the 12-Step approach. Developed in the 1930s as Alcoholics Anonymous, it was adopted for drugs as seen in NA.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy is another widely spread treatment in addiction. This technique helps recovering addicts find how their thoughts, feelings and actions are connected. This procedure increases their awareness of how their thoughts, feelings and actions impact their lives and recovery.
- Often community and private centres use group therapy. The tendency of humans to gather makes this method successful. Many rewarding benefits come from it, like helping another person and sharing stories.
There are many more therapies available in addiction counselling. Also, people do better in specific methods rather than others; it all depends on the individual.
Help with Referral & Consultation
At Addiction Referral and Consultation Services, we offer confidential services to families and addicts who want to put an end to their situation. Finding a good substance abuse recovery program that will take the addict in as short as 48 hours is possible in Canada.
Our years of experience in the field can guide you to affordable private facilities. We are well acquainted with various drug rehabilitation centers in Canada and their respective treatment programs. We are also knowledgeable in the intricacies of drug addiction and addicts’ and families’ life struggles. Helping you and your loved one is our mandate.
Canada Treatment Centre
It’s essential to act immediately when someone you know is reaching out for help for their substance abuse. Can you afford to put a relative on hold who is struggling with substance abuse? If you or someone you know needs immediate attention, reach out for help. Are you are unsure how to proceed? Or, have you tried to reach the person and failed? We can also help you with this. To find a suitable rehab center in Canada, no matter what province, take the time and call today.
Our counsellor is standing by.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) https://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr2015/World_Drug_Report_2015.pdf