The Best Rehab Centres in Canada
Drug Rehab Centers Canada
We assist people seeking help with drug or alcohol addiction find the best rehab centres in Canada. We guide people to private facilities that provide the treatment method suited for them. People want sobriety and look for the best rehab centers in Canada, understandably, and we can help.
Unfortunately, rehab facilities in the public sector with immediate admission are nearly impossible to find. Whether one searches for detox, an outpatient, or a residential treatment program, it is the same. If you are looking for public access rehabs, you will find a listing on our page ‘Help by Province. With perseverance and determination, a person can access a public recovery centre.
Know Your Options for Rehabs
Another avenue that families should look into for assistance is private rehabs in Canada. It is an alternative and not as expensive as one might think. If you are looking for yourself, a family member, or a close friend, we can help guide you through the process. If you simply want help before everything gets out of control, we can assist with Online Recovery Services. We are knowledgeable, confidential, and friendly. Call our number, or request a callback by filling out the form to talk with our referral counsellor.
You’re Not Alone – Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Canada
The UNODC* estimates that approximately 21% of Canada’s population (6 million people) will meet the criteria for addiction in their lifetime. According to StatCan, 21.6 percent of Canadians met the criteria for a substance use disorder. Alcohol addiction is the most common and prevalent in our country at 18%. Also, according to the UNODC report, statistics show that cannabis use in Canada continues to increase. In 2020, 27 percent of Canadians aged 16 and older reported non-medical use of cannabis in the past year. It represents a two percent jump from 2019 when the figure was 25 percent. As you can see, you are not alone in facing this challenging condition.
Rehabs in Canada & Financing
Canada has a great array of drug rehab facilities. Provincial governments have the responsibility for the financing of community treatment centres. In addition, Canada’s Substance Use and Addictions Program (SUAP) provides contribution funding for time-limited projects that address Canada’s drug and substance use issues. Unfortunately, widespread substance misuse and addiction in our society make addiction treatment services difficult. It isn’t uncommon to face a 9 to 12-week wait for admission to occur, specifically in big urban areas.
Addiction Referral and Consultation Services in Canada
Having worked in the rehabilitation field for several decades, we see how difficult it is for families to find help immediately. Fortunately, the private sector has many high-quality treatment centres in Canada. Moreover, most are affordable for the average income family. With no waitlist or very little wait time, it is an option that many Canadian families have or should consider.
Treatment Programs in Canada
In the many treatment centers in Canada, we can find different treatment methods and environments. Each with its unique qualities and benefits. Centres either cater to a limited number of people (3 to 10 persons) as in a family setting of close-knit groups or community settings of 20 or more individuals. Some treatment centers are co-ed, some gender-specific, and others welcome the LGBT community.
Types of Drug Addiction Treatment ServicesWhile most of us think of addiction recovery, we think of residential treatment programs. It is what we see on television shows and movies. But there are many more services available to the population. First, residential facilities have long-term and short-term programs ranging from three months to a year. But there are lesser-known treatment options.
- >Outpatient substance abuse treatment programs: when a person still works and cannot attend a residential rehab, an outpatient program is available in the evenings or during the day. (When available in your location.)
- >Medical detox: Help the addicted person come off certain substances that either could be life-threatening or too hard on the person. It typically lasts three days to a week or two.
- Online Counselling is more popular now, mainly since Covid-19. But not all substance abusers can benefit from this type of service.
- Online Counselling: Growing in popularity but is not suited to all with a substance abuse problem.
- Online Coaching sessions We offer this new service for those seeking help to control their use or wanting to stop. This service is also not suited to everyone.
Treatment Methods in Canada
- In Canada, as in most other countries, the most common program is based on the 12-Step approach. Developed in the 1930s as Alcoholics Anonymous, it was adopted for drugs as seen in NA.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy, this one is another widely spread treatment in addiction. This technique helps recovering addicts find how their thoughts, feelings and actions are connected. This procedure increases their awareness of how their thoughts, feelings and actions impact their lives and recovery.
- Often community and private centres use group therapy. The tendency of humans to gather makes this method successful. Many rewarding benefits come from it, like helping another person and sharing stories.
- Maintenance >therapy for opioids and other drugs is also a treatment method. By definition, it is a medical treatment that involves replacing an illegal substance, such as heroin, with a longer-acting but less euphoric opioid; methadone or buprenorphine are the drugs usually prescribed.
Canadian Addiction – Drug Rehab Canada
There is no pat answer for this question. An individual is unique, and as such, people react differently to the same method. Also, the price has little to do with it. The caregiving and philosophy of the facility are several times more vital than price. Knowing which is the best rehab in Canada depends on that person you want to help.
As seen above, not all treatment methods are identical. For example, some people are not comfortable with faith or religious-based programs or a disciplinary one.
These types of programs may not be suited or productive for that person. However, there is one common denominator to determine the best rehab facilities, caring staff and their philosophy. We recommend long-term residential treatments for best results.
This information is applicable in private or public access facilities.
Help with Referral & Consultation
At Addiction Referral and Consultation Services, we offer confidential and friendly services to families and the addicted who want to end their situation. Finding a good private substance abuse recovery program that admits a person within 48 hours is possible in Canada.
Our years of experience in the field can guide you to affordable private facilities. We are well acquainted with various drug rehab centers in Canada and their respective treatment programs. We are also knowledgeable in the intricacies of drug addiction, the addict’s and the family’s life struggles. Helping you and the one you care for is our mandate.
Drug Rehab Canada – Help & Consultation
It’s essential to act immediately when someone you know is reaching out for help for their substance abuse. Can you afford to put a relative on hold who is struggling with substance abuse? Are you unsure how to proceed? If you or someone you know needs immediate attention, reach out for help.
Are you failing at reaching the person that needs help? We can also help you with this. You can read different articles on the subject in our intervention series. The best rehab in Canada will have a drug and alcohol intervention team ready to fly out and assist families in helping their loved one. To find the best rehab centres in Canada that suit your situation, no matter what province, take the time and call today.
Our experienced referral counsellors have many years in the field of addiction and know a large number of different private rehabs in Canada. Finding the right recovery centre for your specific situation and personal needs is our job.