The Best Rehab Centres in Canada
Drug Rehab Canada
We assist people seeking help for themselves or a loved one with drug or alcohol addiction find the best rehab centres in Canada suited for them. People want sobriety and look for the best rehab in Canada, understandably. Drug and alcohol treatment centres are there to help. Finding rehab facilities in the public sector that have immediate admission is close to impossible. It is specifically true in urban areas. Whether one searches for detox, an outpatient, or a residential treatment program, it is the same. But with perseverance and determination, a person can find access to a recovery centre and find sobriety. There is another avenue families should look into for assistance, a private rehab in Canada. It is an alternative and is not as expensive as one might think.
Our service is confidential and friendly. Call our number: 1 888-488-8434, and talk to our referral counsellor. Or, request a callback by filling out the form below;
You’re Not Alone – Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Canada
The UNODC estimates that approximately 21% of Canada’s population (6 million people) will meet the criteria for addiction in their lifetime. Alcohol addiction is the most common in our country at 18%. Also, according to the UNODC report, Canadians are the highest users of cannabis in the world at 40%. As you can see, you are not alone in facing this challenging condition.
Rehabs in Canada & Financing
Canada has a great array of drug rehab facilities. The government of each province has the responsibility for the financing of community treatment centres. In addition, Canada’s Substance Use and Addictions Program (SUAP) provides contribution funding for time-limited projects that address Canada’s drug and substance use issues. Unfortunately, widespread substance misuse and addiction in our society make addiction treatment services difficult. It isn’t uncommon to face a 9 to 12 week wait time for admission to occur, specifically in big urban areas.
Addiction Referral and Consultation Services in Canada
Having worked in the rehabilitation field for several decades, we saw how difficult it is for families to find help immediately. Fortunately, the private sector has many high-quality treatment centres in Canada. Moreover, most are affordable for the average income family. With no waitlist or very little wait time, it is an option that many Canadian families have or should consider.
Treatment Programs in Canada
In the many treatment centers in Canada, we can find different treatment methods and environments. Each with its unique qualities and benefits. Centres either cater to a limited number of people (3 to 10 persons) as in a family setting of close-knit groups or community settings of 20 or more individuals. Some treatment centers are co-ed, some gender-specific, and others welcome the LGBT community.
Types of Drug Addiction Treatment Services
While most of us, when thinking of addiction recovery, we think of residential treatments. After all, that is what we see on television shows or movies. But there are many more services available to the population. First, of course, you have the long-term and the short-term drug rehab in a residential facility. But let’s get into the less known ones.
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment is when a person still works and sleeps at home. But the individual has to go to the centre every evening or so, depending on the program.
- We often hear the word medical detox. That is another service offered. This one will help the addicted person come off certain substances that would be otherwise hard to do. It typically lasts from 3 days to a week or two. Most medical detox occurs in a medical setting away from home.
- Online Counselling is getting more popular, mainly since Covid-19. Growing in popularity, however, is not suited to all that have a substance abuse problem. We offer a service that is called Online Addiction Recovery Coaching; click to find out more.
There are many more rehab types available in our country. One of these could be just the right fit.
Treatment Methods in Canada
- In Canada, as in most other countries, the most common program is based on the 12-Step approach. Developed in the 1930s as Alcoholics Anonymous, it was adopted for drugs as seen in NA.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy, this one is another widely spread treatment in addiction. This technique helps recovering addicts find how their thoughts, feelings and actions are connected. This procedure increases their awareness of how their thoughts, feelings and actions impact their lives and recovery.
- Often community and private centres use group therapy. The tendency of humans to gather makes this method successful. Many rewarding benefits come from it, like helping another person and sharing stories.
- Maintenance therapy for opioids and other drugs is also a treatment method. By definition, it is a medical treatment that involves replacing an illegal substance, such as heroin, with a longer-acting but less euphoric opioid; methadone or buprenorphine are the drugs usually prescribed.
There are many more therapies available in addiction counselling. Also, people do better in specific methods rather than others; it all depends on the individual.
Canadian Addiction – Drug Rehab Canada
There is no pat answer for this question. An individual is unique, and as such, people react differently to the same method. Also, the price has little to do with it. The caregiving and philosophy of the facility are several times more vital than price. Knowing which is the best rehab in Canada depends on that person you want to help.
As seen above, not all treatment methods are identical. For example, some people are not comfortable with faith or religious-based programs or a disciplinary one. These types of programs may not be suited or productive for that person. However, there is one common denominator to determine the best rehab facilities, caring staff and their philosophy. However, we recommend long-term residential treatments for best results.
This information is applicable in private or government facilities.
Help with Referral & Consultation
At Addiction Referral and Consultation Services, we offer confidential and friendly services to families and addicts who want to put an end to their situation. Finding a good substance abuse recovery program that will take the addict in as short as 48 hours is possible in Canada.
Our years of experience in the field can guide you to affordable private facilities. We are well acquainted with various drug rehab centers in Canada and their respective treatment programs. We are also knowledgeable in the intricacies of drug addiction and addicts’ and families’ life struggles. Helping you and your loved one is our mandate.
Drug Rehab Canada – Help & Consultation
It’s essential to act immediately when someone you know is reaching out for help for their substance abuse. Can you afford to put a relative on hold who is struggling with substance abuse? Are you unsure how to proceed? If you or someone you know needs immediate attention, reach out for help.
Are you failing at reaching the person that needs help? We can also help you with this. The best rehab in Canada will have a drug intervention team ready to fly out and assist families in helping their loved one. To find the best rehab centres in Canada that suit your situation, no matter what province, take the time and call today.
Our experienced referral counsellors have many years in the field of addiction and know a large number of different private rehabs in Canada. Finding the right recovery centre for your specific situation and personal needs is our job.
Dial this number today
Our counsellor is standing by.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) https://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr2015/World_Drug_Report_2015.pdf